Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chocolate and peanut chunks Cookies

I give you todays cookie. Well, I really baked them yesterday...

The recipe comes out a book my dear friend Sue gave me. She loved chocolate and I love using it in the kitchen.

I didn't like chocolate when I was a child. I would choose any other flavor for dessert. Then, I discovered dark chocolate. This discovery happened simultaneously with the birth of my children. Funny coincidence! Chocolate has been my faithful companion ever since, during hard times. One once dark chocolate after lunch and everythings looks better. Now you can find high quality chocolate with 70% cacao, it's fantastic...
Chocolate and peanut chunks Cookies
Adapted from: Chocolate de Kitchen Library St. Michael from Marks & Spencer

Ingredients:
  • 125 gr. room temperature butter
  • 125 gr. light brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 150 gr. flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 5 gr. oatmeal
  • 200 gr. dark chocolate, chopped
  • 50 gr. peanuts
Method:

  1. Preheat your oven to 180º C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
  3. Add the egg, flour, baking powder and oatmeal. Mix well.
  4. Add chopped chocolate and peanuts to the mixture.
  5. Let cool in the fridge at least one hour.
  6. Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
  7. Cook for 15 minutes, more or less.
  8. Let set on the baking sheet before you transfer them on to the rack.
Salen unas 25 galletas.

0 comments: