Adapted from: Deutsche Küche de Rotraud Degnet, Mosaik Verlag
- 375 gr. redcurrant
- 250 gr. raspberries
- 750 ml. water
- 250 gr. pitted cherries
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 250 gr. sugar
- 60- 80 gr. cornstarch
- Wash redcurrant and berries, if they are fresh, defrost them if frozen. It's difficult to find them fresh here, so I used frozen.
- Cook them in 500 ml. water for 5 minutes, with the lid on.
- Strain everything to make a fruit purée.
- Boil this berry compot with sugar and vanilla bean. Put cherries in.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the rest of the water and add to the compot removing constantly. bring to the boiling point again for some seconds.
- Set aside and pour into a serving plate. Dust with sugar to prevent the forming of a skin.
- Serve slightly warm with vanilla pudding or vanilla ice cream.