Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blueberry and Yoghurt Cake

What! no cookie this week? Exactly. You'll find here all kinds of delights apt to be enjoyed both at breakfast and afternoon tea: cakes, breads, bars, muffins... we'll see.
I love this cake pan. My grandma gave it to my mother and she gave it to me, toguether with other kitchen tools and Simone Ortega's cooking book, a true classic: 1.080 recetas de cocina, when I left home. From the same series there is another pie form with a detachable bottom that I love. You catch my drift, mom? This is an old tin, you have to dry it up really fasta and good after washing it, otherwise it rusts. I like its shape, longer and narrower and its mustered walls.

We are quite a bunch of people at home now, with Jörg's visit, so I thoght I could bake this cake for breakfast. It's just a variations from the well known yoghurt cake. Everybody knows it, but I made some changes so here I write it:

Blueberry and Yoghurt Cake

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 plain yoghurt (125 ml.)
  • 3 yoghurt messures flour
  • 2 yoghurt messures sugar
  • 1 yoghurt messure sunflower oil (or olive oil)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 lemon: zest and juice
  • 300 gr. frozen blueberries (or fresh)
Method:
  1. Grease and flour your cake tin. Preheat your oven at 180º.
  2. Mix ingredients except blueberries, until you have a smooth batter.
  3. Add blueberries and don't stir much (the batter would turn blue)
  4. Bake for 45 min. to one hour.

0 comments: