Friday, August 22, 2008

Macaroni with Green Asparragus and Mushrooms

So yesterday we came back hungry from our tennis class. No wonder, after class we still had energy to run 20 minutes.

Anyway, I opened our fridge and I saw green asparragus and mushrooms. Very well, they had to be eaten and we were hungry, so I took out my wok and made this sauce, to eat them with pasta. I don't think I'm being very original, but I can proudly say I didn't need a recipe to come up with this. The recipe:
  • A macaroni pack (or whichever pasta you like best)
  • 400 gr fresh green asparragus
  • 300 gr fresh mushrooms
  • 200gr whipping cream
  • 2 big garlic cloves, minced
  • olive oil
  • gratted parmesan cheese
  • pinch of salt
Method:
Wash asparragus and mushrooms. Cut asparragus in four pieces each and slice the mushrooms. Cook with some olive oil over medium heat in your wok or skillet.
When mushrooms star to leave water, add garlic and salt. When they are done, add the whipping cream. Let boil for some seconds and set aside.
Cook the pasta of your choice following the pack's instructiosn.
Mix with sauce.
Add so much cheese as you fancy, or as you have.
Serve hot and inmediatly.

I guess you can add pepper and all kinds of spices and herbes like oregano, basil and Lord knows what. I like the pure taste from the vegetables and prefer not to use to many herbes. Besides, they make my digestion a lot harder, my stomach is never been the same after my children's birthdays...

0 comments: