Friday, September 19, 2008

Black Cake

This week I felt like cake.

This recipe was given to me by the godmother of my second child. When we both lived in Brazil. Last time I baked it was... puf! I rather don't think about it. I thought this week was the right time to offer it to my little angels to see what they think. We didn't regret it. It's a very tasteful cake, with a special touch because of the cinnamon, with a light texture inspite of all the chocolate it has. Well, it's easy to eat...

My friend finish this cake with even more chocolate, but I find it too heavy... only suitable for chocoholics. I don't want to bore you more so, here is the recipe:

Black Cake

Ingredients:
  • 250 gr. semi sweet chocolate, melted
  • 250 gr. sugar
  • 250 gr. butter, melted
  • 6 eggs, separete whites from egg yolks
  • 125 gr potapo starch( I don't have it, so I took corn starch)
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method:
  1. Beat sugar and egg yolks. Add melted butter and the chocolate. Lastly, vanilla extract.
  2. In a bowl, mix starch with baking powder and cinnamon. Combine with chocolate mixture.
  3. Whisk egg whites until firm. Add them carefully to the mixture we already have.
  4. Grease and flour a cake pan rather big. Pour the batter in.
  5. Bake at 180ÂșC in a preheated oven for one hour.
Like I said before, you can glaze the cake with chocolate. You will need dark chocolate and whipping cream. Melt it toguether (in the microwave) and pour it over the cooled cake.

Consume with moderation (or not).

0 comments: