This recipe was given to me by the godmother of my second child. When we both lived in Brazil. Last time I baked it was... puf! I rather don't think about it. I thought this week was the right time to offer it to my little angels to see what they think. We didn't regret it. It's a very tasteful cake, with a special touch because of the cinnamon, with a light texture inspite of all the chocolate it has. Well, it's easy to eat...
My friend finish this cake with even more chocolate, but I find it too heavy... only suitable for chocoholics. I don't want to bore you more so, here is the recipe:
- 250 gr. semi sweet chocolate, melted
- 250 gr. sugar
- 250 gr. butter, melted
- 6 eggs, separete whites from egg yolks
- 125 gr potapo starch( I don't have it, so I took corn starch)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat sugar and egg yolks. Add melted butter and the chocolate. Lastly, vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, mix starch with baking powder and cinnamon. Combine with chocolate mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until firm. Add them carefully to the mixture we already have.
- Grease and flour a cake pan rather big. Pour the batter in.
- Bake at 180ºC in a preheated oven for one hour.
Consume with moderation (or not).