Nowadays we are a little bit obsessed with health and diet. Well, these cookie don't have one gram cholesterol... but they are not suitable for diabetics either!
Anyway, here is my version:
- 250 gr. rosted hazelnuts
- 180 gr. sugar
- 2 egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- Grind hazelnuts with a tablespoon sugar.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and grated hazelnuts with a pinch of salt.
- Add egg whites, one at a time. You should have a moist dough.
- Make balls and put them on a lined baking sheet. Put them not to close to one another, they will spand.
- Let cool in the fridge about 10 minutes.
- Bake at 200ºC for 15 minutes. Be careful. If you overbake them, they will be hard. They should still be moist inside and golden outside.