Lasaña my Way (six servings):
- 500 gr ground beef
- 1/2 big onion, minced
- 1 big can tomatos (about 480 gr. drained tomatoes)
- 2 big garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, cubed
- salt and herbes to taste (I use oregan and basil)
- 400 gr. frozen spinach
- 500 ml.bechamel sauce (I use semi-skimmed)
- 250 gr grated cheese (I like gouda)
- Lasagna sheets (don't cook them)
- Olive oil
- Three tablespoons flour
- To make bolognese sauce: saute onion with a couple of tablespoons olive oil. When they are glassy add carrots. Stir a bit and pour in tomatoes, and then minced garlic. Salt and season to taste. Let simmer until almost all liquid is gone (about two hours).
- Make bechamel sauce: put three tablespoons olive oil in a deep skillet. When hot, add three tablespoons flour and cook for one minute over low heat. Add the milk, stir and let cook until it gets thick. Salt to taste and set aside.
- Defrost spinach (I do it in the microwave). Mix spinach and bechamel sauce with the blender.
- Butter a casserole. Coat the bottom with bolognese sauce. Arrage enough lasagna sheets to cover it up. Pour now a layer spinach sauce, and again the lasagna sheets. Repeat once again until the casserole is full and you don't have any sauce left. I don't cook the lasagna sheets, they cook in the oven and become soft from the moisture in the sauces*. Try to end with spinach sauce. You can also reserve some bechamel sauce without spinach to put it on top of everything.
- Sust with grated gouda cheese.
- Bake at 180º C for 40 min. and grill some minutes at the end till golden.