Since always you can buy them from different brands and also "homemade" from the bakery, now you find them even filled with chocolate and other delights. For me, nothing beats a good real homemade magdalena. Even children can bake them, there's no secret to it. Besides, you can put your personal touch with different aromas like lemon, orange, blueberries... the possibilities are endless.
I don't wanna go on and on. Just in case some absent-minded doesn't know this essential clasic recipe, there it goes.
- 1 yoghurt (125 ml)
- 3 eggs
- 3 yoghurt containers flour
- 2 yoghurt containers caster sugar
- 1 yoghurt container sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- aroma of your taste, zest an juice of a lemon or orange, a hand full blueberries, chocolate chips, vanille...
- Combine yoghurt with egg yolks and sugar.
- In a separated bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk egg whites until you have soft picks.
- Mix flour and yoghurt mixture just enough to combine. Add now sunflower oil. It's time for your personal touch: add aroma of your taste.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Fill your greased muffin tins up to 3/4 of the capacity.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º C for 20-25 minutes.