The cake turned out all right, however some changes have to be made to improve it, in my opinion. The recipe calls for an egg custard and then it adds a little bit sweetened condensed milk. I'm going to replace it (next time) for sweetened condensed milk flan which is much tastier. Each to his own taste, cooking is like that. The original recipe will be in black while my planned variations will be in blue.
Impossible Cake (8 servings)
For the cake:
- 100 gr. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 150 gr. butter
- 3 beaten eggs, large
- 200 gr. dark chocolate
- 150 gr. sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 100 gr. sweetened condensed milk/ 225 ml. sweetened condensed milk
- 600 ml leche/ 450 ml. whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanille extract
- Melt chocolate and butter (I do this in the microwave, but you can do it as well over a water bath).
- Add sugar and eggs.
- Shift flour with baking soda and salt. Combine with chocolate mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, vanille, sugar and milk. In my versioon you mix eggs and vanille with both milks and no more sugar.
- Generously grease a cake pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk in the bottom of the pan. (this step disappears in blue version).
- Now spread the chocolate- cake mixture in the pan and then, carefully, the flan mixture.
- Cover the pan with foil. Your oven should be already hot at 200º C. Bake the cake for 20 min. Lower the temperature to 180º C, take the foil off and bake for other 30 minutes.
- Let rest the cake in the pan some moments. Unmold it to a serving plate. Serve at room temperature.