There are plenty of chocolate chip cookies recipes. I guess it's like spanish omelette or paella, there's one in each home, everyone having their special secret. I've tried quite a number of different recipes. This is my favorite, in my opinion, the best. They turn out thick, with plenty chocolate, niether sweet nor bland, not very crunchy but niether soft, just how I like them.
I need cookies to survive this week, chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter... We've just set back the time one hour, the winterly feeling is total. A cold front has come in loaded with water and wind. This is an emergency act. S.O.S.!
I hope you like them as much as we do.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
About 72 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 gr. butter, soft
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanille extract
- 1 egg, large
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chuncks (about 400 gr. grams)
- 1 cupo chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream sugars and butter. Add vanille extract.
- Add in egg and egg yolk. Stir to combine.
- Add flour. Stir.
- Now chocolate chunks and walnuts, if you want to.
- Make a tube, wrap it up in cligfilm and refrigerate until firm (at least one hour).
- Cut the tube in 3/4 cm wide slices, or as thick as you wish.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 190º C for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Enjoy in moderation (or not).