Monday, October 27, 2008

My favorite Cookie

Once again, I've survived the weekend. Why so melodramatic? Saturday we went out with the gang. I had fun, the food was tasty, the drink afterwards amusing. I missed dancing, we are getting older... We came home rather late, fortunately it was changeover times night so we could "sleep" an extra hour. I was a little bit asleep during tennis class, Sunday morning; but moving did wonders to me and I became alive. I even did some first class points (beginner's luck) until my arm got really tired and I couldn't control the ball any more.

There are plenty of chocolate chip cookies recipes. I guess it's like spanish omelette or paella, there's one in each home, everyone having their special secret. I've tried quite a number of different recipes. This is my favorite, in my opinion, the best. They turn out thick, with plenty chocolate, niether sweet nor bland, not very crunchy but niether soft, just how I like them.

I need cookies to survive this week, chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter... We've just set back the time one hour, the winterly feeling is total. A cold front has come in loaded with water and wind. This is an emergency act. S.O.S.!

I hope you like them as much as we do.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

About 72 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 200 gr. butter, soft
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanille extract
  • 1 egg, large
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chuncks (about 400 gr. grams)
  • 1 cupo chopped walnuts (optional)
Method:
  1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
  2. Cream sugars and butter. Add vanille extract.
  3. Add in egg and egg yolk. Stir to combine.
  4. Add flour. Stir.
  5. Now chocolate chunks and walnuts, if you want to.
  6. Make a tube, wrap it up in cligfilm and refrigerate until firm (at least one hour).
  7. Cut the tube in 3/4 cm wide slices, or as thick as you wish.
  8. Bake them in a preheated oven at 190º C for 10 - 12 minutes.
  9. Enjoy in moderation (or not).

0 comments: