- 6 eggs
- 6 to 7 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- olive oil
- Peel potatoes and wash them. Slice them irregulary, the slices shouldn't be too thin. Salt them and reserve.
- Beat eggs in a big bowl and salt to taste. Reserve.
- Chop onion.
- Put a deep skillet filled with olive oil on the stove. When oil is hot, fry over low heat half the potatoes. We don't want potatoes turning golden, we want them to shimmer in oil.
- After five minutes aprox. add half the chopped onions. Put the lid on.
- When potatoes are tender, take them out trying to strain as much oil as possible and add them to the beaten egg. Repeat operation until all potatoes are done. Let egg-potato batter rest for five minutes.
- Pour almost all the oil out of the skillet. Let just enough to cover the bottom. Heat it up.
- Pour the batter over hot oil and make the omelette: when the outersides begin to set, put a big lid or plate over the skillet and turn it. Let the omelette slip back in the skillet and cook for a little while. Turn the heat out and serve.