The boys and I had a great time make them with the cookie "gun". Most of them wouldn't come out right so we had to keep on trying...It's not as easy as it may look! We also had to try each and every possible form...
We have turrón (nougat) in Spain, so we eat these kind of cookies all year round. So lucky are we...
This time I only wanted to try the cookie "gun", so I divided the quantities, my ratio is in brakets.
Spritzgebäck with egg yolk
Adapted from : Backen macht Freude. Das Original vom Dr. Oetker
- 250 (85) gr. butter room temperature
- 250 (85) gr. sugar
- 16 gr. (12) valline sugar
- 3 (1) egg yolks
- a pinch of salt
- zest of a lemon
- 500 (170) gr. flour
- 2 (3/4) teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (1/2) tablespoon milk
- Beat butter until pale.
- Add sugar by littles, and then vanille sugar, egg yolk, salt and zest. Keep stirring until sugar disolves (I don't have that kind of patience...)
- Sift flour and baking powder toguether.
- Combine this and butter toguether with milk.
- Put the dough in a cookie gun and pipe the cookies onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake them at 170ºC for 12 minutos give or take. Ideally they should remain pale. I was, as usual, multitasking... that's why they have a little bit of color.