I found the original recipe here . I've increased the crunchy layer quantities, because I just can't get enough of it and I've also adjusted the baking time, sure that depends on each oven... I felt it was better to use a rectangular cake tin instead of a round one, it's the cook's choice really...
From Happy Home Baking
- 115 gr. digestive cookies (smashed)
- 65 gr. cashews toasted and salted (crushed)
- 50 gr. brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 50 gr. butter, cold in pieces
- 150 gr. butter, soft
- 100 gr. caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanille extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 gr. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 gr. yoghurt
- To make crunchy layer, mix all ingredients with your fingers until they resemble bread crumbs. Reserve.
- Lets make the cake now. Mix flour and baking powder.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add salt and vanille extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time. If it curdles it doesn't matter. Once you've added the flour the dough would turn normal.
- Add flour and yoghurt, alternating between both.
- Grease and flour a rectangular cake tin.
- Pour 1/3 of crocanty on the bottom. Then, pour half the cake batter. Another third of crunchy layer and the remaning batter half. Lastly, spread another third of crocanty on top on the cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170º C for 35-40 min. (It took me 45 min.)
- Let cake cool completely before taking out of the tin, if not you'll take the risk of braking it in half.