These cookies can be hang on the Christmas tree. I don't think this batch is going to make it, but I just couldn't resist. You can cut them out in different shapes, circles, diamonds, squares or christmas motives with special cutters.... it depends on your patience. I lost it right away and ended up making beautiful circles... As for decoration, the only limit is your creativity: you can play with colors, adding food coloring to the glaze, you can use pearls in different sizes, colors and shapes. Your choice.
Adapted from Comer Bien
- 225 gr. flour
- 75 gr. almonds toasted and ground
- 120 gr. cold butter
- 130 gr. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 150 gr. powdered sugar
- food coloring
- decoration pearls
- Mix ground almonds, flour and sugar. Add butter in pieces and mix quickly with your fingers. Add egg and shape the dough into a ball.
- Wrap dough in kitchen foil and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Flour the kitchen counter and roll out the dough until it's 1/2 cm thick. Cut out cookies with your favorite shape.
- If you want to hang them on the tree, make a hole in each cookie with a wooden toothpick. Dough expands while baking, so the hole should be big. You can also leave a piece of the toothpick inside to ensure the hole doesn't disapear.
- Bake them for 10 min. at 180ºC. Let them cool on a rack.
- For the glaze, beat eggwhite with powdered sugar. If you want your cookies to be colorful, divide your glaze in little bowls and add some coloring food drops in each one. Add your decoration pearls while the glaze is still wet. Once is dry, it doesn't stick anymore.