It goes very well with for example this.
Red Cabbage my way
- 1 Cabbage(red, chinese, coliflower, brussel sprouts...)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Rise the cabbage well and cut it in squares or stripes, whatever you like best.
- Cover the bottom of your prssure cooker with water. Put the cabbage in and close.
- Cook it. When it reaches the pressure point, turn the stove off and let the pressure cooker cool down.
- Open it and strain the cabagge. Put the oil in the cooker (without water and dry) over medium heat.
- Add two teaspoons salt (and if you like other herbes, now is the moment).
- Chop the garlic and cook it in the oil over low heat. Garlic has to be cooked over low heat, if not it burns and becomes bitter. When it's nice and golden, and the strained cabbage Cuando esté doradito, añade la col escurrida nad stir gently.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes.
Making one's own mashed potatoes it's a little bit more work than buying it precooked and following the instructions on the packet. It's worth it. Homemade mashed potatoes is much, much better and tastier. When I don't have time, I serve the industrial one but the whole family notices. They complain.
- 1.000 gr. potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 glass semismilked milk
- Spices to taste (I sometimes use nutmeg)
- Peel the potatoes and cook them in water until they are tender (about 20 min. Cut very big ones in pieces).
- In a big bowl, put milk, butter, salt and spices.
- Mash potatoes with the potato masher or pass them through the food mill, over the bowl with milk mixture.
- Mix everything well until butter is melted.
- Serve hot.