Tuesday, November 4, 2008

For a dear friend: Peanut Butter Cookies

It was P.'s birhday and I know for sure she loves these cookies. So I baked them to gave them to her as a birthday present.

I don't remember where I got the recipe from, if here , or out of he clasic cookbook The Joy of Cooking my parents bought in the USA, or maybe from another of my favorite websites like this one. Anyhow, one ingredient you can't skip on is peanut butter. We have two options: buy it or make it. I didn't feel like going to the place where you can almost find anything, that is, Corte Inglés, I made it myself. It's very easy. You just take the amount of peanuts you need, toasted and salted, and you ground them with a couple of tablespoons peanut oil in your blender et voilà: peanut butter, without any preservatives or coloring...

Without any more ado, that was certainly enough, there it goes:

Peanut Butter Cookies
You'll get plenty of cookies

Ingredients:
  • 225 gr. butter, room temperature
  • 260 gr. peanut butter, room temperature
  • 200 gr. caster sugar
  • 220 gr. brown sugar (I forgot to add it, this time, they turned all right though...)
  • 2 eggs, large
  • 310 gr. flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (also forgot this one, oops)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (since my peanuts were very salty I deriberately omit this step)
Method:
  1. Cream butters and sugars.
  2. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir to combine.
  3. In a separeted bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda (salt if you want to).
  4. Combine with butter cream.
  5. Cover bowl with clingfilm and refrigerate at least one hour.
  6. Preheat your oven at 190º C.
  7. Distribute little balls of dough on your baking sheets. You can frize them at this point, if you wish.
  8. Squash them with a fork to make the pattern.
  9. Bake them for 10 minutes if you like them light or 3 more minutes if you like them golden and crunchy.

0 comments: