From Vie Practique, for 6 to 8 people
- 2 big chickens (or a medium capon, about 3 kilos)
- 8 apples (I used small golden delicious)
- 2 pears (conference, also small)
- 1/2 half a bunch fresh sage (I didn't have fresh so I took a tablespoon dried sage)
- 20 cl. chicken stock
- 150 gr. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel pears and two apples and cut them in pieces, discgarging the cores. Sautée them in a skillet with 30 gr. butter. Salt and pepper to taste. At the end of the cooking, add sage.
- Stuff the chickens with these fruits and close them.
- Put the chickens in an oven casserole and spread 50 gr. butter over them. Pour the chicken stock in the casserole over the chickens.
- Cook them in a preheated oven at 210º C for two hours. Sprinkel chickens with the cooking juices from time to time.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut in quarts the rest of the apples. Sautée them in a skillet with the rest of the butter. Reserve warm.
- Serve chickens surrounded with buttered golden apples and the cooking sauce.