From Simone Ortega's 1.080 recetas de cocina
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- Their weight in sugar
- The weight of two eggs in flour
- 100 gr. butter, melted
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt, until firm.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and then the sugar. Keep stiring.
- Add the flour by tablespoons. Don't overstir, the cake would become hard. Now put in the melted, cold butter. Stir.
- Grease your cake tin and sprinkle it with some flour.
- Cook at 180ºC in a pre-heated oven during 45 min. to one hour.
- Let the cake rest some minutes in the pan, take it out and put it on a rack to cool down. Slice it horizontally, you have now two halves.
- 3 egg yolks
- 150 gr. powdered sugar
- 150 gr. melted butter
- juice of two clementines
- In a bowl,mix the egg yolks with sugar and juice. Add carefully the butter. Stir until it all comes together.
- Spread half this cream onto the bottom half of the cake. Put the other half on the cake and spread it with the rest of the cream.
- 4 to 5 clementines
- 100 gr. sugar
- 115 ml. water
- 100 gr. walnuts, in halves
- Make a syrup with the water and sugar, you have to cook it on the stove for 5 min. give or take. Put clementine's segments in the syrup and cook them together 10 min. Drain and let them cool down a little.
- Arrange the segments on the cake gracefuly.
- Garnish with the walnut halves.
- Serve cold.