Friday, January 30, 2009

Nougat Liquor Cake

Christmas fieber is over. It has left us with some pounds that we will have to sweat, but it's gone. To celebrate, I was going over Backen macht Freude from Dr. Oetker, a book my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday.

I stumbled upon this recipe (well, yet another one) a very tempting one, Egg Liquor Cake. As it turns out, I haven't been able to find this liquor, yet another inconvinient in the provinces life, but I have replaced it with this other Nougat liquor (talking about Christmas time) and here it is. Irresistible. It hasn't disappointed us.

Nougat Liquor Cake
Adapted from Backen macht Freude

Ingredients:
  • 125 gr. flour
  • 125 gr. cornstarch
  • 4 tablespoons baking powder
  • 250 gr. sugar
  • 2 valline sugar envelopes
  • 250 gr. sunflower oil
  • 250 ml. nougat liquor
  • 5 eggs (medium size)
  • powdered sugar to dust
Method:
  1. Grease and flour a cake form.
  2. Sift flour, cornstarch and baking powder in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir vigorously until you have a smooth batter.
  3. Pour into your cake form and cook in a preheated oven (180ยบ C) for one hour aproximately.
  4. Dust with powdered sugar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks good but what are valline sugar envelopes?

Conguito said...

just vanilla sugar in little packages, each one has 8 grams. You can also use vanille extract, one teaspoon, I guess.

Sylvie said...

That cake looks delicious. Eierlikoer is often called Advocat or egg nog, maybe you can find it under that name. I'm tempted to try the recipe with Baileys. Backen macht Freude is one of my favourite cookbooks.

Conguito said...

Thank you so much, Sylvie. Your idea is great, in fact. I think I'm going to try it with baileys, is one of my favorite liquors...
Your blog looks great, nice pictures! I've put it in my favorites!