- 250 gr. sweet raw almond meal
- 250 gr. powdered sugar
- 38 cl. (aprox) water
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 eggwhite, small
- 255 gr. pine nuts
- 1 egg
- Put almond meal and sugar on the kitchen counter. Add water little by little and knead well. We have our marzipan. Let it rest a day in the fridge.
- Next day, add lemon zest and eggwhite to the marzipan. Knead well. Form it into a long tube about 4 cm diameter and wrap it with foil. Let it rest in the fridge.
- Beat egg. Put pine nuts in a deep bowl.
- Cut the tube in little pieces and form them into balls.
- Deep each ball in egg and, immediately after, deep it in the pine nut bowl. Press so pine nuts stick.
- Put empiñonadas in a lined baking sheet and bake them at 210º until they star turning golden.