This recipe came into my mind. To be honest, I don't have the slightest idea wher it came from. But here it is. From me to you.
- 2/3 cups sunflower oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup toasted and chopped (big chunks) almonds
- 175 gr. dark chocolate, in chunks
- Turn oven on at 180ºC. Get a rectangular baking pan ready: line it with parchment paper or grease and flour it. If it is a silicone pan, you don't have to do anything.
- Combine oil, sugar, water and eggs in a bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and soda and salt in a separated bowl.
- Gradually add flour to egg mixture, blending well.
- Add almonds and chocolate. Pour in the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 - 40 min. Be careful not to overbake them as they turn hard.
- Allow to cool in then pan.