Brown sugar Stars
La Cuisine de Madame Cugnac
- 300 gr. flour
- 200 gr. butter, soft
- 100 gr. raw ground almonds
- 150 gr. light brown sugar
- 14 gr. vanille sugar (two sachets)
- 1 egg for brushing (optional)
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Add flour and almond meal to the butter cream. Form a ball with the dough.
- Divide your dough in two.
- Flour generously the kitchen counter and roll one half of the dough. Let rest in the fridge for 20 min.
- Line some baking sheets with vegetable paper.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and cut out stars in different sizes. Put them on the baking sheet. Repeat withe the other half of the dough.
- Brush them with the beaten egg. (This is optional, I didn't do it).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150º C for 25 - 30 min.
- Let cool on a kitchen rack.