Friday, February 20, 2009

Carrot cupcakes

When I was living in Brazil, an australian friend of mine F., brought this cake to our drawing class. Those were the days! I had so much free time that I had to fill it up with courses and coffee reunions. First I had to overcome my fear of trying new things. Also I suspect of all toppings. Luckily I won and I tried the cake. It was an awesome expirience: I loved it. This time I decided to make cupcakes, for a change, you simply has to reduce the baking time.

Carrot Cake
De F.

Ingredients:

Cake:
  • 1 full cup grated carrots
  • 200 gr. crushed pineapple (about three slices from a big can)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 tablespoons sunflower oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream cheese topping:
  • 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
  • 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanille extract
Method:
  1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
  2. Add eggs and oil. Stir to combine.
  3. Add crushed pineapple and grated carrots. Now the chopped walnuts.Stir.
  4. Turn your oven on at 180ºC.
  5. Line a rectangular cake pan or muffin pan (16).
  6. Pour the batter in your pan and bake for 35 - 40 min. (25-30 if you're making cupcakes).
  7. While the cake is in the oven, we make the topping: mix all ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Set aside.
  8. When the cake is cold, spread the topping on it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

these look SUPER moist and fabulous!!!

Conguito said...

Thank you so much for your comment, these carrot cupcakes are very moist indeed, you ought to try them! You have a nice blog yourself. I love your design!