- 1 full cup grated carrots
- 200 gr. crushed pineapple (about three slices from a big can)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanille extract
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add eggs and oil. Stir to combine.
- Add crushed pineapple and grated carrots. Now the chopped walnuts.Stir.
- Turn your oven on at 180ºC.
- Line a rectangular cake pan or muffin pan (16).
- Pour the batter in your pan and bake for 35 - 40 min. (25-30 if you're making cupcakes).
- While the cake is in the oven, we make the topping: mix all ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Set aside.
- When the cake is cold, spread the topping on it.