Monday, February 2, 2009

Gluten Free Cookies

I was going to bake some oatmeal cookies, which are my best half favorites (I think). Thanks to Cookie Madness I've found this recipe and they are to die for. Its main ingredients are oat flour, chocolate, hazelnut and almond flour. With these, nothing could go wrong. They are crunchy due to the nuts, moist because of the chocolate that melts in your mouth. The original version can be found here.

Gluten Free Cookies
Found at Cookie Madness

Ingredients
  • 115 gr. butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar*
  • 1 egg, large
  • 1 teaspoon vanille extract
  • 1 1/2 cups oat flour
  • 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted
  • 1/2 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and salted
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips (we don't have them here, so I put chocolate chunks)
Method:
  1. Ground hazelnuts and almonds with a tablespoon sugar. I do this with my blender.
  2. Ground rolled oats, I use an electric coffee grinder.
  3. Cream sugars and butter. Add egg and vanille extract. Stir until well combined.
  4. Add oat and nut flour and baking powder. Now the chocolate chunks. Stir to combine everything.
  5. Line two baking sheets. Distribute teaspoons of dough on them. Bake them at 180º C for 10 min. or until golden in a preheated oven.
  6. Let them cool on a rack.
* Now that I come to think about it, I think I didn't add the caster sugar. I've been kind of distracted lately.... Well, the cookies are delicious and I have now another excuse to repeat them.

Apart from my attention, I've mislaid my appetite. I believe for the first time in my life I'm not hungry at all times. Have I finally grown up?

4 comments:

The DeL Sisters said...

Yum! My sister and I are trying to learn to bake gluten free! I will have to try this recipe!

Hannah

Sarah said...

Word of caution though - if you're using oat flour, make sure it is CERTIFIED gluten free! There is a ton of contamination issues with oats, and most people with celiac don't use them.

Ann said...

These look fantastic! I think I'm going to have to make these, anything adding hazelnut and chocolate is delicious!

Conguito said...

Thank you Ann! I also think hazelnut and chocolate is a great combination. Let me know how they turn out. Great web you have!