Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jamie Oliver's Lemon Pudding

I love Jamie Oliver's cooking. He is super dynamic and has a fantastic technique. You can always learn something from him.

A while ago, I watch him make this recipe on TV and it looked delicious. Unfortunately, I catched him too late to get the ingredients, I had no time to copy them. The thing is I found it in one of the books I gave my little bro for his birthday so, here it is:

Lovely Lemon Curdy Pud
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
Four servings

Ingredients:
  • 55 gr butter
  • 115 gr. sugar
  • juice and zest of one lemon
  • 2 large eggs, separated whites and yolks
  • 55 gr. flour
  • 1 tespoon baking powder
  • 285 ml. whole milk
Method:
  1. Cream butter, sugar and lemon zest ina bowl.
  2. Add egg yolks, flour with baking powder and beat in, then add milk and three tablespoons lemon juice. Mix well.
  3. Whisk egg whites until stiff in another bowl, then add the rest of the mixture.
  4. Don't over-mix it, you don't want the air to come out ot the egg whites.
  5. Grease a deep baking pan. Pour the mixture in.
  6. Bake in a water bath at 200ºC for 40 min. (next time I will cut back on time to make it even jucier).

0 comments: