Adaptaded from Menie Familia und Ich
- 1.800 gr. leeks
- So many ham slices as leeks you have
- 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper, cut up into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 big can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 200 gr. gouda cheese, grated
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash your leeks well. I like to slices them along to really wash all the dirt away. Cook them in boiling water for 5 min. in batchs. So that the leeks woudn't loose their form, I tied them. Let them drain.
- Lets make the sauec. Put about 5 tablespoons oil in a deep skillet. Sautée your onions. Onces transparent, add chopped peppers. After about five min, add canned tomatoes. Let cook over medium heat for 10 min. Add garlic, herbes and salt and pepper to taste. Let shimmer still about 10 min on the stove. Put the sauce on an oven form you want to use.
- Turn your oven on at 200ºC.
- Cut each ham slice in half. Roll each leek with a ham slice. Put your leeks lightly on the sauce.
- Sprinkel with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min. You can grill it for a moment at the end, if you like.
- Serve with rice or cous-cous.