When we were back, we celebrated carnaval eating some crepes for dinner.
You can simply eat them with some powdered sugar, with nutella, with sweetened condensed milk, with chocolate balls topping, with everything mixed, with confiture... even savory. Very important, they must be warm.
Our recipe, as usual, adapted from Simone Ortega.
About 20 small ones
- 250 gr. flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk (maybe you'll need more)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients and stir until you have a smoth batter. The consistency of the batter should be like custard. If it is thicker, add more milk.
- Cover the bowl with a clean cloth and let rest for at least one hour. (I didn't).
- Spread the bottom of a small skillet (14 cm diameter) with a little bit of oil. Put on the stove and let get hot. Add then a small quantity of batter and spread it very quickly to cover the whole skillet bottom. When the batter begins to dry, flip it over. Let brown some seconds and take it out on a plate.
- If you want to serve them sweet, dust with some powdered sugar.