As I said, it's snowing. I rise to the occasion making one of my childrens' favorite. It's a different way to eat lentils: with nuddles and fish...The recipe comes out one of my dearests german magazines, Meine Familie und Ich, which my mother-in-law gives me every time we meet.
Nuddles with lentils and smoked salmon
- 1 onion, medium, minced
- 75 gr. lentils
- 500 ml. vegetable stock (instant)
- 150 gr. smoked salmon
- 400 gr. pasta, for example farfallel
- 300 gr. whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- juice of a half lemon
- olive oil
- salt, freshly ground pepper, dill and nutmeg
- Soak in water the lentils a couple of hours before you cook them.
- In a deep pan, satée half the onions with some olive oil. When it's glassy, add the drained lentils and the vegetable stock. Cook over low heat for about half an hour. When lentils are tender, strain them.
- Meanwhile, cut the smoked salmon in fine stripes and cook your pasta following the package's directions.Set aside.
- In a small pan, sauté rest of onions with two olive oil tablespoons. When they are glassy, add whipping cream and cook over low heat for about ten minutes. Season with lemon juice, pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks with some cream. Stir. Add to the whipping cream sauce. Remove from heat.
- Add lentils to the sauce and season with dill.
- Serve pasta with cream sauce and sprinkle with salmon stripes.