Anyway, here I present you this tart. I is a light, fruity and nice dessert for a family reunion.
For a 22 cm cake pan
- 1 kg. apples
- 150 gr. butter
- 125 gr. caster sugar
- 1 frozen sheet puff pastry or a pie crust recipe
- Defrost puff pastry in the fridge. Roll it and put it on a parchment paper, cover and reserve in the fridge.
- Combine butter and sugar in the cake pan you are going to use and put it directly on the stove until you have a golden caramel.
- Meanwhile, peel and core the apples. Cut each apple in four pieces.
- When you have your caramel, arrange apple pieces tightly in the pan over the caramel with the convex side face-down and let simer over low heat for 30 minutes more or less.
- Put the puff pastry sheet on the apples. Tuck well the sides in the pan, as though you wanted to make your bed. Pinch it several times with a fork.
- Pre - heat oven at 200ºC . Bake for 35 - 40 min., until the dough is nice and golden.
- Let it rest in the pan for a couple of minutes. Reverse it on a cake plate and serve warm.