Monday, February 9, 2009

White Chocolate and Sour Cream Cake

Many, many years ago, when a had regular contact with people that shared a love for cooking with me, I was able to copy quite a number of interesting recipes from different cooking magazines that would fall into my hands. I put them aside and only now I'm trying them. Better late than never!

I don't usually like white chocolate. I find it much too sweet. Sauer cream neutralizes this and makes the cake very spongy. Um! How quick it was gone!

White Chocolate and Sour Cream cake

Ingredients
  • 170 gr. white chocolate
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1/3 cup caster sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream (mix whipping cream with a tablespoon vinegar)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
Method
  1. Grease generously and flour your cake pan.
  2. Melt white chocolate (2 min. at 850 in the microwaveoven). Set aside.
  3. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugars, eggs, sour cream and oil. Stir just enough to make a smooth batter.
  4. Preheat your oven at 180ºC.
  5. Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake it for about 45 min.
  6. Let rest about 15 min. before you take it out of the pan.
  7. Dust with confectioners sugar.

0 comments: