Many, many years ago, when a had regular contact with people that shared a love for cooking with me, I was able to copy quite a number of interesting recipes from different cooking magazines that would fall into my hands. I put them aside and only now I'm trying them. Better late than never!
I don't usually like white chocolate. I find it much too sweet. Sauer cream neutralizes this and makes the cake very spongy. Um! How quick it was gone!
White Chocolate and Sour Cream cake
- 170 gr. white chocolate
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (mix whipping cream with a tablespoon vinegar)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Grease generously and flour your cake pan.
- Melt white chocolate (2 min. at 850 in the microwaveoven). Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugars, eggs, sour cream and oil. Stir just enough to make a smooth batter.
- Preheat your oven at 180ºC.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake it for about 45 min.
- Let rest about 15 min. before you take it out of the pan.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.