Everything you bake as cupcakes can be baked as cake, you just have to adjust the cooking time, I'd double it, but without sticking my neck out for it...
The recipe's basic dough is that of the famous yoghurt cake. Its originality lais in mixing wheat flour and cornmeal. I woundn't have thought of it in a hundred years! They are awesome. My friend adds chopped walnuts and raisins (I didn't have raisins) to the dough and she finishings the work with some extra fine apple slices. Chapeau! To recommend.
About 15 pieces
- 1 greek yoghurt
- zest of a lemon
- 1 yoghurt can sunflower oil
- 2 yoghurt cans sugar
- 2 yoghurt cans wheat flour
- 1 yoghurt can cornmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1 sachet (8 gr.) baking powder
- apples (I used small golden delicious, one and a half)
- a handful walnuts, chopped
- a handful raisins
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In a bowl, sift flours and baking powder. Reserve.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Add oil and yoghurt stiring constantly.
- Add lemon zest.
- Add flour mixture little by little, carefully upside down.
- Add chopped walnuts and raisins, if you feel like it.
- Distribute dough evenly in cupcake paper forms.
- Peel and slice apple very thinly. Put about three slices on each cupcake form.
- Bake at 180ºC for 20 min in a preheated oven.
- When they have cooled down, dust with powdered sugar.