Adapted from Deutsche Küche, Rotraud Degner
- 200 gr. butter, soft
- 250 gr. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 140 gr. wheat flour
- 120 gr. cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Beat butter and sugar until you have a smooth batter.
- Add eggs one by one, until each one is well incorporated.
- In a separated bowl, sift flour and baking powder.
- Combine flour and butter-sugar-egg mixtures with a spoon.
- Grease and flour a rectangular cake tin.
- Pour batter in the cake tin and bake it at 180º C in a preheated oven for 70 min.
- When it's cold, put it in a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.