Thursday, April 23, 2009

Caramel Crunchy Bars

Following the sugestion of a nice anonimous comentarist I've made this caramel cruncy bars, in the microwave oven. Yes, microwave oven is something more than a huge box to warm milk up. So, why not benefit from it?

This recipe, adapted by me, comes out from a book that I was forced to buy in Brazil. I was the product of a scam. One day I received a call communicating me that I was the lucky winner of a book batch, if I "only" paid I-don't-remember-how-much in respect of I-don't-know-what. When they got home, knowing it was a trick and while I was having a look at them I decided I was going to keep them. This book from the batch is called Curso prático de Microondas Técnicas avançadas and I've two of them. I guess they were the surplus of some lost collection. I'll give you from now on some little recipe out of them.

Caramel Crunchy Bars


Ingredients:

Crunchy layer:
  • 200 gr. butterscotch candies
  • 4 tablespoons water
  • 100 gr. peanut butter
  • 100 gr. rice krispies
  • 100 gr. salty peanuts
Glaze:
  • 170 gr. black chocolate, in chunks
  • 100 gr. peanut butter
  • 50 gr. butter
Method:
  1. Mix rice krispies and peanuts.
  2. Grease a 30 x 20 cm pan and pour rice krispies-peanut, levening it.
  3. In a microwave-proof bowl, combine candies, water and peanut butter. Microwave at maximum potence for 4 min (the maximum potence of my microwave oven is 850 wats). Stir until you have a smoth cream.
  4. Mix this cream with rice krispies-peanuts, levening it. You have to work fast, once the cream is cold, it hardens.
  5. Let's make the glaze. Put all ingredients in a bowl and microwave at maximum potence for 3 min. Stir to obtain a smooth cream. Spread it over the crunchy layer. Let it cool to set.
  6. Cut it in bars. We like them cold, out of the fridge.
Next time I'm going to use milk chocolate, I think to mix with peanut butter is even better.

0 comments: