My mother's chicken croquettes
About 26 medium pieces
- Half a roasted chicken, and its sauce
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 2 big garlic cloves
- 1 heaping teaspool kosher salt
- 1/2 liter milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- breadcrumbs and egg to coat
- olive oil to deep fry
- Bone and skin the chicken. Shred chicken meet with your fingers.
- Peel and crush garlic cloves in a mortar with salt. Reserve.
- In a big skillet, put the 3 tablespoon olive oil. When it's warm, add shreded chicken meet and its sauce.
- After a couple of minutes, add flour. Stir and let golden.
- Add all at once the milk, always stirring.
- Add crush garlic and salt.
- Let shimer over low heat. The dough should be rather solid, so that when it's cold we can form the croquettes. When it's like that, pull away from heat and let cool down.
- Put plenty breadcrumbs in a bowl and beat two eggs in another. Shape croquettes with two spoons or with your bare hands. I always star with the spoons, then loose my patience and end up with my hands. Roll each croquette first in the egg and the in the breadcrumbs. Reserve on a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet or frying pan if you have one over medium-high heat.
- When the oil starts to smoke, fry the croquettes.
- Serve hot.