I found this recipe in the book my mother gave me, dedicated entirely to chocolate. Dark chocolate cake, dark chocolate glaze, filled with whipped cream.
Adapted from Chocolatissimo, Rosalba Gioffré
- 120 gr. dark chocolate, in chunks
- 125 ml. sour cream
- 150 gr. light brown sugar
- 300 gr. flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120 gr. butter, soft
- 200 gr. sugar
- 2 eggs, egg white and egg yolk separated
- 175 ml water
- 25o gr. cream for whipping, cold
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanille esence
- 140 gr. dark chocolate
- 100 ml. cream
- We make the cake.
- In a small pan, melt chocolate, sour cream and brown sugar stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, sift cocoa powder and flour with salt and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar until you have a smooth batter. Add egg yolks one at a time until they are well incorporated.
- Add flour and water alternating between both.
- Beat egg whites until stift and add them to the batter with enfolding movements.
- Grease and flour a 22 cm diameter cake tin, pour batter in and bake at 180ºC in a preheated oven for 40 min.
- For the filling: whip cold cream, add vanille esence and powdered sugar. Reserve cold.
- When the cake is cold, cut it horizontaly in two discs. Put the bottom disc on a serving plate. Fill it with the whipped cream. Put the other disc on top. Put the cake in the fridge.
- Let's make the glaze. Melt chocolate and cream.
- Pour it over the cake. Let it set. Serve tart at room temperature.