Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Coffee chocolate chip cookies

One of the best american inventions are the famous chocolate chip cookies. I love them. I can make myself sick eating a dozen at once.

Thinking about it, I came to the idea to give a special touch to my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe, I added some instant coffee. If you want to try them, here is the recipe:

Coffee chocolate chip cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, soft
  • 3/8 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/8 cup packed sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate, in chunks
  • 3 tablespoons instant coffee
  • a handful walnuts, chopped (optional)
Method:
  1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and instant coffee. Set aside.
  2. In another bowl, beat butter with sugar. When it turns white-ish, add egg until it's well incorporated. Add vanilla essence.
  3. Add flour mixture and stir just enough to have a batter.
  4. Add chocolate chunks and nuts.
  5. Make a log with the dough and wrap it with kitchen foil. Let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour (I normally let it for a couple of days, until I have time to bake them).
  6. Cut the log in slices, put them on a lined baking pan and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180ยบ C for about 10 min. Let them cool on the baking pan, outside of the oven.
  7. Try to eat just one.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I love coffee in chocolate chip cookies!

Conguito said...

Thank you Steph. They turned out very nice. I hope you try them!

Petra said...

I made these today as a wedding gift. Of course I made some extra to have myself. ;) They're delicious and no, it is not possible to eat only one of them.

Conguito said...

Thank you, Petra. I'm glad you like them and I'm honored by the fact you chose them as a wedding gift!