Thinking about it, I came to the idea to give a special touch to my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe, I added some instant coffee. If you want to try them, here is the recipe:
Coffee chocolate chip cookies
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 3/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/8 cup packed sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate, in chunks
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- a handful walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and instant coffee. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter with sugar. When it turns white-ish, add egg until it's well incorporated. Add vanilla essence.
- Add flour mixture and stir just enough to have a batter.
- Add chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Make a log with the dough and wrap it with kitchen foil. Let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour (I normally let it for a couple of days, until I have time to bake them).
- Cut the log in slices, put them on a lined baking pan and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180º C for about 10 min. Let them cool on the baking pan, outside of the oven.
- Try to eat just one.