Lamb Tatin with aubergines
Adaptado de Maxi Cuisine
4 to 6 servings
- 1 pie crust recipe bought or homemade
- 300 gr. minced lamb meat from the shoulder
- 2 aubergines (about 600 gr.)
- 1 big can tomatoes
- 1/2 big onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry aubergines. Cut them in 1/2 cm slices. Sprinkle some salt on them and let them rest about 20 min.
- Chop 7 to 8 aubergine slices from the smallest. Brown for 5 min. together with onion and garlic with a little bit of olive oil over medium heat. Add mince meat. Stir constantly. When meat hes lost its red color, add strained tomatoes and one tablespoon pine nuts. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let shimer for about 30 min., until almost all liquid has disappeared.
- Brown rest of the aubergine slices in batches on a skillet. Put a tablespoon olive oil each time and let slices about 2 min. on each side. This action takes quite some time. Set golden slice aside.
- Brown the other tablespoon pine nuts in a skillet without any oil, watch that they don't burn. Set aside.
- Grease a round (26 cm diameter). Lay aubergine slices covering the bottom. Spread the met sauce, reserving one tablespoon to decorate. Put pie crust over closing up the tart, push dough well in in the sides.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200º C for 30 to 35 min.
- Turn tart over on a serving plate. Put the meat sauce tablespoon in the center and spread the brown pine nuts.
- Serve hot.