Strawberries and whipped cream cake
- 3 eggs, separated eggwhites and eggyolks
- 3 tablespoons very hot water
- 100 gr. sugar
- 100 gr. flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 25 gr. corn starch
- 400 ml. cream to whipp, very cold
- 80 gr. powdered sugar
- 600 gr. strawberries
- powdered sugar
- whole strawberries
- Let's star by making the genoise. Grease a round 26 cm diameter cake tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and corn starch. Set aside.
- Beat eggyolks with hot water until they have double their volume and their color turns pale yellow.
- Add sugar and keep beating.
- Carefully fold in the flour.
- Whisk eggwhites until stift and fold them in with the rest of the batter.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180º C for 30 min.
- Let it cool down upside down on a kitchen rack.
- When it's cold, cut it horizontally in two discs.
- Whisk cream, when it begins to get thick, add powdered sugar. Whisk until very stift.
- Rise and cut lengthwise the strawberries.
- Put the upper cake disc on a serving plate. Put a round ring the size of the cake around it.
- Arrage the cut strawberries against the ring wall, the rest on the center of the cake.
- Spread whipped cream on the strawberries, pressing to fill the gaps.
- Cover with the bottom cake disc. Let cool in the fridge a couple of hours. Take ring away.
- Dust with powdered sugar and arrage some whole strawberries on top to decorate.