Those of you afraid of getting dirty in the kitchen: refrain from doing this recipe. Already as a little child it was me the one greasing the pans with butter and these tiny hands...
Anyway, here they are.
- 500 gr. flour
- 140 gr. sugar
- 1 egg
- 25 gr. butter, room temperature
- 125 gr. margarine, room temperature
- 100 gr. lard, room temperature
- Put the flour in a bowl, close at hand.
- In a separated bowl, put egg, sugar, fats and mix with one bare hand, until you have a smooth batter.
- Slowly, add flour and keep kneading. You have to have a soft dough but it shouldn't stick to your fingers.
- Flour your kitchen counter. Roll the dough. Cut out circles with a cookie cutter or a cup.
- Bake at 200ºC in a preheated oven about 20 min., 'till they turn pale golden.
- Rub them in sugar when they're still warm, because if they get cold, sugar won't stick.
- Try one. Sigh.